In this episode learn how a trip to the Oregon Coast quickly turned into a business trip to Washington DC for Darren. Paige decided to join him so they could have some quality time alone together. Travel log and some nice back and forth about a missed romantic trip.
- Plan time to be together.
- We with no kids turned into a week together.
- We had planned to spend 5 days in Oregon but Darren had a Business trip pop up and had to go to Washington DC.
- He took the opportunity to bring Paige along and spend a couple of days seeing some sites in Virginia.
- Although it was not ideal, It was time to spend together that was valuable.
Monticello and UVA
- Nice trip to Thomas Jefferson’s Monticello.
- History about the house was interesting.
- Sally Hemmings history and the discussion that ensued.
- University of Virginia History and legacy that Jefferson left behind.
- College Town feel and cute downtown with little boutiques.
Thursday being Flexible
- Plans for Thursday were to go to downtown Washington DC where Darren had meetings and Paige was going to go to the Newseum.
- Darren saw a change to the location of his meeting and ended up going to the wrong place Reston instead of Arlington.
- This wiped out Paiges plan to see the Newseum and Darren had to attend his meeting by phone.
- Paige changed her plans and went shopping at the local stores and boutiques, which she was planning on doing on Friday while Darren was in meetings all day long.
- Lunch with Co-workers and the benefit of meeting the people Darren is working with.
Movie Review of Yesterday
- Downpour rainstorm right before we headed to the movie.
- Thursday evening we went and saw the Movie Yesterday.
Coming Home from the Trip
- The 4-hour flight turned into a 2-hour wait on the tarmac and 4 1/2 hour flight.
- Luckily we had 3 seats for the two of us.
Funny Moment of the Week
- On our trip home we had 3 seats to ourselves but halfway through the flight, they asked us to share because someone was stuck between two very large people.