COVID-19 got you down. Quarantine is playing a number on our emotional and physical selves.
In this episode listen to how Darren & Paige handle their “Cabin Fever”.
Will anger and anxiousness take over or are there some things they have found work to ease the stress of uncertainty.
Angry and Anxiousness
- Will the school decide to please (Grading for Distance learning)
- School just did a pass/fail after our kids have been working hard to do distance learning
- Tough situation – Needs to be fair for everyone.
- Are we doing distance learning in the fall?
- Can’t back to our lives
- See our friends
- Go see our grandkids
- Go sit on the beach.
- Paddleboarding (Is it ok or is it not okay)
- Hearing different things every day.
- Sometimes doctors say something (Two Doctors in Bakersfield)
- Other doctors saying not to leave your house for 18 months.
- Lower hospital rates are giving us I little bit of hope. So we push the limits of the stay at home order.
- Governor says weeks until phase 2 next day is is days.
Fighting Quarantine Fatigue
- Acknowledge your feelings
- Get outside and go on a walk
- Regular phone calls and video chats.
- Interacting with other
- Mindfulness, Yoga,
- Go for a short drive in your car.
- Say it is ok to feel this way.
- Suffering in the short-term could pay off in the long term.
Fighting the Anger and Anxiousness
- Limit how much time you are reading the news and social media.
- Fill your time with other things. (New Hobby)
- Everyone in California seems to be fixing their house. Lowes and Homedepot are crazy busy.
- Read more
- New Recipes, baking
- Online courses
- We hate being not in control of our lives so pick something to help other people. We wear masks to help other people feel more comfortable.
- Play games with your family
- Pick a series of movies. Becareful watching too much TV.
- Be outside. We bought patio furniture to be outside and comfortable.
- Serve others.
- Sidewalk chalk
- Take treats to locked ins. Even if they don’t eat them the thought that counts.
- Call someone and check in on them.
Lemonade Moment of the Week
The Quarantine has given Madeline time to Bake new things for her shop.
Leave a Reply