Have you ever wondered why Valentine’s Day is so stressful? We can tell you why. Expectations vs Reality. Listen to the latest “Where’s the Lemonade?” to hear how Darren & Paige handle or don’t handle this curious holiday so well.
And Yes that is Paige throwing away flowers that Darren got her for Valentine’s Day. 🙂
Play our podcast episode here or Subscribe.
- Most wanted gifts for women (Big loving gestures, some love it, and some hate it)
- Most wanted for men
- Does your valentines day feel like Saint Valentine’s Day Massacre was 1929.
Expectations and Reality
- Inequality in the holiday
- More pressure on men than women for this holiday
- Women expect men to do something romantic for Valentine’s Day
- So why (80% of cards are bought by women)?
- Mostly for kids and grandkids
- Our first Valentine’s Day disaster
- Ballons on the ceiling, holes in the ceiling
- Our second Valentine’s Day disaster
- Gas station card at the last hour. after a 10-hour drive in the car in the snow.
- Setting expectations: Paige tells Darren exactly what she expects for the holiday (but then apparently doesn’t mean it)
- Communicate your needs as long as they are not ridiculous
Ideas for Valentine’s Day
- For men to women
- Put some thought into your gift
- Keep it simple. Do something different on that day. Something outside of the ordinary
- Darren does not get Paige flowers on Valentine’s Day. He does it throughout the year.
- A card with a handwritten note might be just what she needs
- For women to men
- I want to just get through this holiday without making her too disappointed
- We have changed the holiday to be a fun family dinner auction. In celebration of the feast of St Valentine.
- Thanks, Survivor
- It takes the pressure off of having something extremely romantic and instead is something fun with the kids
- This doesn’t mean we don’t do something romantic around that time
Leave a Reply