It is week 2 of the “Shelter in Place” order from the state of California. In this episode learn how Darren & Paige handle uncertainty. anxiety, and lots of food. We focus on staying connected with friends and family, finding comfort, and finding lemonade when there are lots of lemons.
- What’s with the T.P shortage? Who knew that T.P. would become such a commodity!
- And yeast! Now we are all bakers? Why? There is plenty of bread in the stores.
- How are everyone’s relationships holding up?
- We try to get a little time alone every day. Walk. Go to bed early and watch a show together. Go to the store together. Very exciting things!! And get some alone time as well. Put yourself on timeout.
- We were heading to the store and asked neighbors what we could get them. It has
- Zoom is now very popular.
- The kids have had zoom get-togethers, we have for the church and I have with my friends.
- A great way to stay in touch. And share funny things happening.
- Family Zoom mettings.
- Set up a password for your meetings. And create the lobby so you can let people in.
Comfort (Food, Activities, Dogs)
- COVID 19 stands for the 19 pound we will be gaining during this.
- Paige is baking too. Funny how we want comfort food while isolated.
- Family activities. We have watched less tv being home all the time then we used to.
- Co-workers, kids, and parents have all gotten dogs recently.
- Watch all of Netflix. Not a bad idea?
- The unknown of all this causes great anxiety and fear.
- Stop listening to the news all day and sometimes stop looking at social media.
- Who hates the people that are now Martha Stewart and bill gates rolled into one??? It can be overwhelming to see people that are so creative and tech-savvy. It makes you feel like a failure.
- Or you’re just barely surviving.
- Focus on your family and just do you.
- Stay positive but do you! Stop Comparing yourself to others.
- Have to keep a sense of humor thru this trying time. (smoking toilet) one of the only good things about social media is the memes and gifs!